IITA Mission and Vision
IITA seeks to become a great center of learning and research, and a catalyst for development in the entire world. In the words of its Founder, it sees its role as a "Development Institute". Thus, the Institute will honor the traditional Institute roles of repository and transmitter of culture and knowledge, and center for the creation of new knowledge. As a "Development Institute", it will focus on the practical role that a great Institute must play in the development of the world.
The Institute’s mission is to provide quality education to future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues in the world, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
To this end, IITA will foster the creation of leaders committed to sustaining a culture in which diverse people share in the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, proficient in creating and applying technology to wise purpose, and dedicated to securing a humane and prosperous world.
IITA will become
To realize this vision and fulfill our mission, we will focus our planning on the following strategic goals:
- IITA will be a Development Institute
- Retain and recruit faculty with the highest standards and academic excellence who are devoted to teaching, research and mentoring students to solve societal problems.
- Foster and build an environment that develops students who are problem solvers, and whose lives are transformed for service and leadership.
- Develop and encourage the effective use of technology to support learning and research by students and faculty.
- Develop the physical environment to support the learning, teaching and research goals of a Development Institute.
- Accelerate and sustain financial growth to achieve financial stability.
- Help create and sustain a social and political environment supportive of these goals
Our values statement defines what we hold in common as members of the IITA community, and informs our vision and mission statements.
- We believe that tolerance and understanding among national, ethnic, and religious groups are essential to the success of this or any other nation. The Institute will actively work to instill these values in its students and will itself reflect them in its policies.
- We believe that the Institute, in all of its activities, shall demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and academic honesty.
- We believe that freedom of expression is fundamental to any intellectual community and affirm that all members of the IITA community will have to express any opinion without fear of reprisals of any kind.